Wednesday 8 April 2015

DAY 10. Farewell from Japan

This morning I went back to the original hotel, pick up all the luggages and go to Narita Airport.

The taxi arrived 25 minutes before the agreed time, fortunately I also arrived that time. It was a pleasant 1 hour drive to the airport, and from there came the positive surprises.
 This was my 1st experience by Air China. At the Airport Star Alliance Business Class check in was a totally separated place, very nice, not crowded, and very quick. After check in came another isolated place the security check, and the passport control. I have not experienced such an isolation before, credit J. The ANA lounge was also very nice, big, but quiet, good food, good choice of drinks and beverages, and sake J.
The next great ewakening was when I entered to the aircraft CA 930 to Shanghai. It was a big A330-300, huge space in business class, very comfortable seat with huge legroom. If I compare apple with apple in such a short distance (3hrs), Qatar Airways never provide such a luxory. The food was also amazing.


















We arrived to Shanghai 20 minutes ahead of the schedule. The formalities took a long time, but finally I got my luggage and went outside.
Plenty of people tried to sell me expensive and more expensive transport to my hotel with better and better coax into their service, but it was an abortive trial. The taxi cost 1/3 of these prices. It was 165 RMB.


The welcome in the GRAND MERCURE SHANGHAI CENTRAL was according to my expectation, the room is huge, bright with a very comfortable king size bed and bathroom with all the things I need. The funny is, the price is more or less equal with the previously criticised japanese hotels. That’s life. J            



No comments:

Post a Comment