Thursday 2 April 2015

Day 7. The city of Gesa's Kyoto

Today I woke up very early in the morning because I had to catch the first train from Kobe to Kyoto via Osaka. I still hate to wake up early, but if there is such a nice destination it makes it easy :).
My local Japan partner was great today as well, a very professionally organised day is behind me.
I was lucky with the weather, all day sunshine.
Kyoto is amazing, it is not a random, that there is not any single empty hotel room nowadays in the city. The Sakura festival is certainly ongoing, the city is very crowded, full of tourists.
All the most important sights were viseted today by 19516 steps and couple of kilometres by tourist bus.

Nijo castle, Kinkaku-ji temple, Kitano Tenmangu shrine, Sanjusangen-do temple, Kiyomizu- dera temple certainly were on the list, unfortunately the imperial palace was closed.
The program went very smoothly, the lunch was tasty, but I always have the feeling, these small plates just samples and I can order if I like the taste the normal portion, but always work out, this is the lunch, the japanese set menu.

After the sightseeing I almost late my train to Hiroshima, basicly I late the one I had the reservation, but the Nozomi shinkansen rescued me. After 18 hours it was nice to sit down in my hotel room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment