Wednesday 1 April 2015

Day 6. A rainy day in Kobe

Morning at 8:03 sharp I left Tokyo by the Hikari shinkansen. It was very comfortable and punctual and a good decision to by the Japan Rail Pass, I can save a lot of money, however the Pass is also not cheap. There was no wi-fi on the train :(.


The light rain did not disturb me, I discovered the city as I planned. Kobe is the 6th largest city in Japan, but it was not appreciable. Honestly I expected more as I read the Travel guide on the internet, 17674 steps, and you know the city's most important sights.

Last, but not least I had another target as well to taste the original Kobe beef!
It was not so difficult there are plenty of restaurants serving Kobe beef. There are different type of Kobe beefs, the best is the 'special Kobe beef tenderloin / loin'. The best part beside the fantastic taste is that the chef makes everything in front of you. The price is not competitieve, but the qualiyy is unforgetable! They serve it with rice, vegetable, different sauces, green salad and fried garlic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment